Red Cabbage, Orange and Dried Fig Salad
It’s good for the eyes and it’s good in the mouth! It’s true, when a dish is visually beautiful, it’s even better! I love red cabbage and when I use it raw, I love its bright colour and shapes! It really makes you want to bite in there ! Good thing, because red cabbage is a really healthy friend! Here I make a really delicious sweet and sour salad out of it!
Let’s talk about red cabbage ! It is rich in C, K and B9 vitamins. It is a low calorie vegetable: the energy intake is about 25kcal/100g. This vegetable is also known as a natural medicine. Its benefits have an effect on cardiovascular health. It stimulates the intestinal flora and regulates digestive functions. This beautiful vegetable is a powerful antioxidant and detoxifier, it protects the body from premature aging. It also contains mineral salts, such as potassium or calcium.
The orange brings a bit of softness and goes very well with cabbage! The dried fig brings a little texture and is also excellent for your health! This is an unusual salad that will change the classic cucumber tomatoes! It varies tastes and colours, it’s perfect for a starter or a light lunch!
Red Cabbage, Orange And Dried Fig Salad
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 orange ( juice )
- 3 dried figs
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Wash and cut the red cabbage into thin strips.
- Wash, peel and cut the orange into small pieces.
- Wash and cut the figs into small pieces.
- Mix the three previous ingredients in a dish and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the juice of half an orange, honey, vinegar and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy as soon as it's ready!